Wednesday, January 15, 2014

3 Days!

Disney is soooo close!! only 3 more days, 2 and a half, well close enough whatever it is, it's Wednesday night and I leave Saturday afternoon. So what has been going on here in New Hampshire? Well despite everyone getting flu shots, we all managed to get the flu, or some sort of nasty stomach bug.... no comment there. Luckily I'm much better now, completely knocked me out for about 3-4 days, still have quite the headache, but other than that I'm doing a lot better. Regardless, I cannot wait for Disney. I'm definitely going to miss my friends and family, but that's part of the experience, it's not like I'm leaving forever, although it is weird that everyone is back at school right now and I'm just here watching Spy Kids 3D. 

So besides being sick I got a lot of packing done. Space bags are life savers, I used the Ziploc brand because they were on sale at Target and it's a brand I "trust." So for you all wondering how I am packing since I'm flying here is what I have... I have 3 suitcases (1 large, 2 medium), 1 tiny carry on suitcase, another carry on rolling bag thing for some scrapbook stuff, and my backpack. Now you may be wondering how I am going to get this all on the plane? Luckily my mom is coming down with me to make sure I get settled in, and she gets a nice Florida vacation. But we are taking Southwest which allows each passenger 2 free checked bags, a carry on and a personal item, so between the 2 of us we can get it all on. As for getting it back, well I'm not worrying about that yet. 

So since I am getting to Orlando on Saturday night and check in isn't until Monday morning, mom and I have decided to hit up Harry Potter world on Sunday since we are both huge fans. I for see a big trip to Honeydukes, maybe if I'm lucky there will be a chocolate frog in my future. I have a couple of Slytherin t-shirts, of course packed in my suitcases ready to go. The one thing I would like to find there is some sort of time turner, like a key chain to put on my keys, who doesn't need more time in their life? Anyways, I'm excited to go back there again, I went a few years ago but haven't been able to get back since high school. 

Monday is check in though, I already have an idea where I will be living since on DORMS in the vehicle registration form it lists your complex and apartment number, it's not a given and could change at last minute, but as of right now I have all my requested roommates, my first choice complex and my first choice apartment size, Chatham Square 2 bedroom. Right now it says we are 30104 in Chatham, which is in the back corner of the complex, but at least we are on the first floor. Hopefully the apartment is clean and doesn't have issues, I've heard some horror stories about people finding bed bugs and such the past couple weeks, that will not be acceptable and I will make sure our apartment is up to par for what we are paying for it. 

Other than that, I do know a couple people who are already at Disney with access to the Hub, therefore I probably could ask them to look up where I am working, but since I already "know" where I will be living I want to leave something to be a surprise, it's no fun knowing everything when you go in, besides if something does change I don't want to be disappointed. I have only been to Disney World once though and it was for the millennium, so I was about 6 or 7, and I don't remember much of it especially all the locations so even if they told me the location I would have absolutely no idea what store that meant, whether it were to be a resort or a park, so I guess we will find out and see! Sorry this post was a little random, once I get to Disney I will attempt to post more regularly, but no promises I've heard there's little free time once you get working down there.

Ta ta for now!

Kenz

Follow me on twitter @KP_callmebeepme

No comments:

Post a Comment